As a CPT, you’ll draw blood from patients in hospitals, blood centers, or similar facilities for analysis or other medical purposes. As a CPT, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
– Perform basic phlebotomy procedures
– Evaluate patients for ability to withstand venipuncture procedure
– Explain the venipuncture procedure and answer patient questions
– Perform basic point of care testing, such as blood glucose levels on patients
– Prepare blood, urine, and other body fluid specimens for testing according to established standards
Please click here review the Phlebotomy Course Calendar and select an upcoming class!